Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Comics and shows

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the lack of updates. Obviously if I'm going to have a blog I need to prrrrrobably update it daily to make it work. Again, sorry...


So I will tell you about a couple of events that I think are media-worthy.


A HUGE event that I enjoyed was when I went to see Joel McHale at the Uptown Theater. My father got my friend and I free tickets, and we were probably five rows back from the man himself. Joel is a comedian on the show The Soup on the E! Network. He basically talks about reality shows. Here's a youtube video that I like so you can see an example of his comedic genius...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffKSdTcCGs&feature=rec-HM-rev-rn

I like stand-up comedians. They are truly amazing. I just like going to see a stand-up show for the sole purpose of going somewhere to LAUGH! It's really therapeutic to me. I'm also impressed by Joel, because he went from reading jokes on a teleprompter to being a stand-up comedian. Joel is just a natural comedian to me. He made references to his show, he talked about Ryan Seacrest, he talked about his personal life, and he talked about Kansas City which I really liked...All of the things I wanted to hear, Joel told me. I loved it. Overall, I had an amazing night and I will gladly see Joel again if he comes back. Next comedian for me to see: Daniel Tosh. Google him people...Genius. Not as mainstream as Dane Cook.





I saw The Duchess finally...I had wanted to see this movie since it was in the theater. It has Keira Knightley in it, Dominic Cooper, and Ralph Fiennes. Overally, it was interesting and hard to watch sometimes. Just because of the situations The Duchess was put into. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to live in those times. Sometimes I would LOVE to see how life was back then. Because of the dresses, the palaces, the regality, and history. Then I think about how women were treated and then I think not...I'm pretty sure this movie is up for Best Costume Design at the Oscars and I believe it should win. Her dresses were incredible...



OH the new season of The Amazing Race was on Sunday! SO excited. This is probably the show that I look forward to every week, besides LOST...I love everything about this show. The places the racers get to go to, the challenges they do, and of course, Phil Keoghan...the host. This season there is a deaf racer! They are obviously doing well, because they came in first this leg of the race. But that's not to say something else will go terribly wrong to them...

That's it for now! See ya guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment